CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kamakitchen Bandung Noodle



Wah...cannot runaway this time. My sifu kept asking me when to update my new blog. I answered that I gonna blog after all my works done. Maybe after 11:00pm tonight. This afternoon, after going back from a three-hour course on marking skills, I went marketing. I was thinking that I won't cook that "heavy" tonight. So, gravy noodle will do. Furthermore, my children like to eat that too. I went to one of the hypermarkets in town to buy some vegetables, prawns and of course the main ingredient, yellow noodle.Then, after Maghrib prayers, I prepared the Bandung noodle which is a gravy type of noodle that I think does not even exist in Bandung!Some of you may know how to prepare this but as to share for some others who may not know...here are the ingredients (to serve 4-5 people).
Ingredients A:
1 onion
2 garlic
2 cm of ginger
2 tbs of blended dried chilli
6 tbs of cooking oil
4 cups of plain water
2 tbs of oyster sauce
2 tbs of tomato sauce
2 tbs of chilli sauce
2 tbs of corn-flour (to thicken the gravy)
Ingredients B:
500gm prawns (medium-sized)
1 pack of yellow noodle
2 eggs
300 gm mustard leaves (cut into two-inches long)
salt and sugar to taste
For garnishing: Spring onion, coriander leaves, fried shallots, red chilli.
Methods:
Firstly, blend together the onion, garlic and ginger. Heat the cooking oil and pour the blended items. Then, put the blended dried chilli and until it well- fried. Pour some water to make the gravy. When it boils, put the prawns. At this time, you can add the corn-flour which has already been diluted with half cup of water. Put all the sauces (oyster sauce, chilli and tomato sauce). Do not forget to add the salt and sugar to taste.Then, wait until it boils. Next, you can add the noodle and mustard leaves. Last but not least, put the two eggs (do not beat) which will make your Bandung Noodle gravy thicker. For garnishing, use the spring onion, coriander leaves, fried shallots and the red chilli. Here you are.....after everything was done, it was cleanly swept by my hungry kids..yummy! You better try....

2 comments:

Miss Cheah said...

Hi Kama,
I am the first visitor to your blog. Happy blogging.

Li Na

Kama said...

Thank you very much sifu.I should treat you next time.