CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Laksa



After few days of not blogging, I felt like missing something...Then I know why my sifu blogs everyday. Then the sifu always inform me how many visitors of my blog...I thought, there was nobody wants to see this blog. Luckily and thanks God, there are people out there want to, at least see if not reading this blog.
Yesterday I prepared 'laksa' for my family. They also like to eat this food very much. The laksa gravy is made from fish. This is good for our source of protein. It is eaten together with vegetable like cucumber, salad, onions and chilli. But, it is optional. You can take any vegetables which can be eaten raw, depends on your interest.
Here are the ingredients for the gravy.
2 onions
2 pips of garlic
2 tbs of dried chilli paste
2 cm of galangal
5 pcs of 'asam keping'
1 cube of anchovies flavour(optional 2cm cube of shrimp paste)
500 g of fresh tuna(optional:mackerel/sardine)
1 small can of sardine
salt and sugar to taste
8-10 cups of water (depends on the thickness of the gravy)
1 pack (500g) of dried laksa- soak for 1 hour and boil until it softs

Methods:
1. Clean and boil the fish. Put the asam keping and salt together. Debone the fish and put aside. Keep the water in the pot.
2. Blend finely the onions, garlic, anchovies cube, dried chilli paste and galangal. Then, pour into the pot. Add some more water and boil for 10 to 20 minutes.
3. Blend the fish coarsely. Pour into the pot.
4. Blend the sardine coarsely(canned sardine) together with the gravy. Pour into the pot.
5. Add sugar and salt to taste. Boil for another half an hour.
6. Meanwhile, drain the laksa and put aside.
7. Now, you can eat the laksa and gravy- optional : eat with cucumber,boiled egg, mint leaves, chilli and onion.
Ummph..yum,yummy. This is to serve 8 to 10 people. The more you keep the laksa gravy, it turns better taste. But, you must reheat it when you want to yum,yum....

2 comments:

eska said...

Hello Kamariah

I do read your blog, I think it´s very interesting, so I hope you keep blogging!

I´m not a very good cook, but I enjoy trying new recipes sometimes, and yours seem so tasty and exotic (well, exotic for me, I'm Spanish) that I feel like making an effort, hahaha...

I hope to find all the ingredients here in Sapin; i I don´t, I´ll have to change some things for others...

I´ll tell you what´s the results.

Greetings from another "blogger begginner"

Mónica
("capricuerna" is just my nick for my blog)

Kama said...

Hi Monica,
I'm very happy to see a comment from another "blogger beginner".My sifu told me this and she said I can boast to my friend about this.Ha..haa..
Actually,what I share here are the recipes that I always cook to my family.Well, with 5 children...it is not worthwhile to eat out.Exotic..? yes,it may..you may try 'my laksa', but the laksa noodle can be replaced with spaghetti. Thank you very much, try out the recipe,hmmm?