CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kuih Raya Practice






Last Monday, I practised the making of "kuih raya"(cookies). Sounds funny, emh?! No, thats all for my children's snacks. At first, they were very happy as if the raya is too near. But, after they have seen the two bottles of cookies, they bored already. For your information, I made the Almond London cookies into three different colours, dark brown (chocolate), pink (strawberry), and white (white chocolate). On the top, I put the crushed almond and the sweet rice. But....it is actually not good for children or even adults. Why? Because they are sweet.....
Here is the recipe for Almond London Cookies:
450g plain wheat flour
250g butter
150g castor sugar
1 egg
1 tsp emplex
1/2 tsp baking powder
cooking chocolate
Almond(whole)
Almond nibs/sweet rice
Method:
1. Sieve the flour,emplex and baking powder together(keep aside).
2.Beat butter and sugar.
3. Put the egg.
4. Put the flour, baking powder and emplex.
5. Mould and make the dough into small round shape and put the almond inside.
6.Make it until all done and arrange nicely into a pan.
7. Bake at 180 C for 15-20 minutes.
8. Dip into melted chocolate , put into a paper cup and sprinkle with the almond nibs/sweet rice.
*Melt cooking chocolate with two tablespoon of vegetable shortening using double boiling technique(boil water in a pot and the chocolate in a pan on top-so that that it will not easily burnt)*

4 comments:

eska said...

Mmmmm... Looks delicious!!!

It seems you´ve been pretty busy lately, so many new things on you blog!
I saw your comment in my blog (I was away on Summer holidays for two weeks), thanks for your visit! I keep two blogs, one dedicated to dancer Isadora Duncan, and another one for my personal memories and photos, but unfortunately I write them in Spanish. I´m good at English but I feel much more comfortable in my language...

eska said...

Oh, by the way I´ve added a link to "MY YUM-YUMMY KITCHEN" in my other blog ( http://525600minutos.blogspot.com/ ) in the section "Gente interesante" ("Interesting people"), where I show other pages I usually visit; I hope you don´t mind.

Kama said...

Dear Monica,
Kuih Raya is actually cookies made to celebrate the Hari Raya festival (celebrated by Muslim) after the fasting month of Ramadhan. I don't mind for the link, thank you...

Kama said...

Dear Monica,
Kuih Raya is actually cookies made to celebrate the Hari Raya festival (celebrated by Muslim) after the fasting month of Ramadhan. I don't mind for the link, thank you...